What I learned this semester

 This semester I learned there are multiple ways to interpret the text. Such as The Waltz, where some people interpreted the text to be about a father and his abused son. Others interpreted it as friendly interaction between father and son. These interpretations are bought on by the person's experiences and past experiences, making every analysis unique.

I once thought that there was such a thing as a right and wrong analysis, now I've learned that any analysis is right as long as it can be proven.

I'd say more than learning, I found this course an experience. An extremely good one. Just as thrilling as falling in love with a new song on the radio. Its thanks to my classmates but also to Dr. Ellis for enabling and hosting such a space where we can have the amazing conversations that we do. A safe space to learn and grow. The feel of a home or a small little book club of friends. 

Literature can show a person's way of thinking while also expanding upon it. Literature is the music of the mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half