Being True

  Liam White

Dr. Ellis

EN 101

November 30, 2021

Being True

            I think that the most interesting thing to me during this class was that everyone was open and excepting of new ideas. I think that this connects very well with the play that we are reading because Shakespeare’s whole message in this play was to be true to yourself. I think that this was something that I was not used to. I am not saying that everyone in college is closed-minded, it just happens that a lot of people that I have met have been very closed-minded. It has actually been kind of concerning because it means that these are the people that are going out into this world, or they are the people that are actually in the world, and they are so closed-minded. It was very interesting to see just how open this class was. It would be great if the openness of this class would be just how open the world was. I think that that is something that everyone needs to try very hard to be. I believe that this is exactly what Shakespeare was talking about in Twelfth Night. I think that the world is very judging and those who want to be themselves sometimes are bullied into being close-minded and judging. If we all tried just one percent harder to be more open-minded the world would be so much more open and people could be more open and truer to themselves like Shakespeare said. I think that the openness was not only the most interesting part of this class but I think that it was the most important because it allowed for a great learning platform and an environment for students to grow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half