What I learned this semester

     Being a part of this class has completely changed my approach to reading literature. I have learned to appreciate different works from different writers through our insightful discussions. It has taught me not only to settle with one theme or lesson from a piece of writing but to continue to search for alternative meanings. Listening to my classmates openly make connections with the books, poems, and short stories that we read to their personal life experiences has inspired me to do the same. I’ve grown so much in the span of this semester. I’ve learned about concepts and ideas that I believe everyone should know in order to evolve into our most authentic selves. I’ve learned what clinging on to hope can do to better our situations, what self-love actually looks like, and how to navigate life by embracing our identities, and many more. I was also introduced to so many writers that I never knew of like Phil Kaye, Kara Jackson, and Witi Ihimaera. Through this whole process, I have always been comfortable due to Dr. Ellis and my classmates establishing a safe space for everyone in the room. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half