Lauren Masino - what I learned this semester

 I have learned so much this semester. There have been many different genres we have read between all of the books, short stories and poems. Of course I have learned a lot within each reading and discussion, but the thing that I feel I will be able to take away from this class and bring with me for the rest of my life is not necessarily an English lesson, but rather a life lesson. 

Just as the main message in our last reading, Shakespear’s Twelfth Night, I have learned in this class to be myself. Dr. Ellis has reminded us of this every class, and she reminds us to keep the classroom a safe and inviting place for everyone to be. I believe we are taught this so everyone feels comfortable being their true selves. It is to everyone’s advantage when we all be who we really are. When students hide who they are they do not give the teacher, the other peers, and even themselves their best work. 

I have enjoyed all of the different types of readings we have done in this class. It always felt different and a change of focus, making us look at many different topics and broadening our readings. The discussions we have had all semester long have also been very engaging and interesting. I always loved hearing from my fellow classmates and their insights on our readings. This also helped me realize how much more interesting and inspiring the discussions can be when we are all our true selves. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half