What I've learned

 I always hated English classes in grade school, because we were always required to read books from before our time and come up with an overanalyzed response without hearing other viewpoints. Being in this class has been very different from those other courses in turn making it feel like a breath of fresh air. Being a finance major I dread most classes although I love the subject. Whenever the clock strikes 4:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays I get excited because I know there will be inciteful and respectful conversations had between myself and peers. The structure of this course makes me as a student more excited to read these books regardless how old they are, because as a class we do an excellent job of being able to relate the topics to current worldly, and community issues. Even in the earlier days of our course we were able to touch on heavy subjects such as racism, and certain slang and derogatory words, and not once did the conversations go in a direction when it needed to be stopped or redirected. Having a professor as inclusive as Dr. Ellis also does help greatly with pushing us as students to feel comfortable in the environment, we’re in. This class was such a breath of fresh air and such a learning experience I have signed up for a level 200 class next semester, to further learn from a professor who values her students as much as Dr. Ellis does, as well as strengthen my writing skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half