Ode To Those Who Never

 Liam White

Dr. Ellis

EN 101

November 16, 2021

Ode To Those Who Never

             I think that all three of these poems talk about things that are often overlooked. In the first poem by Jackson, she talks about the body and how America wants and needs things in excess, especially food, and yet America shames those who are overweight. Although the body-positive movement has gained traction over the past couple of years, I think that there is still this stigma about being overnight, whether that is a few pounds to a few dozen pounds. I feel as though this poem is a perfect representation of what someone in positions feels like. I especially liked that after the presentation, the host said that this is an ode to some things that do not get a lot of good recognition. I feel that this statement ties perfectly into the other two poems.

            While the poem by Wordsworth talks about something that gets a little more recognition than the body positivity talked about in the other poem, that being enjoying the small, natural things. I think that this is something that is talked about a lot, like a cliché, “enjoy the small things”. However, I think that this is something that is acted on very little. I believe that it is a nice thing for people to say, yet it is just that. This poem talks about how someone could go about this. In my opinion, when the poet says that he is a cloud, what he really means is that he allows himself to distance himself from all the problems and issues that come with being a person. Instead, he lets his mind and imagination float. He can see all the beauty in the things around him and because of this is happy. I think that this is the real purpose of this poem. To show how someone to go about this cliché saying that few follow.

            I think that this last poem talks about something that is talked about and acted on very common, however, not to this extent. I think that is the point of this poem. I believe that this poem shows the side to dire situations the most do not see. I do not see death as actual death but more of dire situations. However, I think putting others in front of you is still important, especially those important. I think that in a society where selfishness is very common that that is the point of this poem that few people talk about. I think that all of these poems touch on something that does not get the recognition that it should and that is how all of these poems relate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frankenstein Laura Salmeron

What I learned this semester

Frankestein first half